Just got off the phone with Chris Carpenter, who returned home from an incredible hunting and fishing trip to Brazil and the Amazon. Carpenter, Roy Halladay and B.J. Ryan were part of a group led by famous angler Skeet Reese, and, boy, do they have stories to tell. BFF’s Carpenter and Halladay, who’ve combined for three World Series titles and 11 All-Star appearances, dueled in the National League Division Series before planning an off-season adventure of a lifetime. Highlights:
- They slept on a houseboat for seven nights, spending most of the day fishing for peacock bass.
- They hunted in the rainforest, shooting caiman (alligator-like creatures), and met a native who'd just been attacked by an anaconda.
- The snake bit the man in the butt and tore the motor off a 14-foot canoe. Read Skeet's epic tale here.
- From Skeet: "Me and Doc came across a local, sitting bare naked on a tree by the river. He was fishing in the river for tropical fish to sell for aquariums when he got attacked by an anaconda."
- They ate alligator and turtle. They showed a Winter X Games dude, Ryan McCullough, how to fish like a champ.
- More Skeet, LOL: "The snake apparently bit him on the ass but he was able to free himself before the snake wrapped him up."
|Picture in the back row are Chris Carpenter, B.J. Ryan and Roy Halladay, who recently embarked on a fishing trip to Brazil. Skeetreeeseinc.com Photo|