Thursday, October 27, 2011

World Series MVP awards

Derek Jeter, Reggie Jackson and Mariano Rivera, three iconic Yankees, have each won a World Series MVP, but we love it when somebody like David Freese comes along and wins the prestigious award. I mean, he quit baseball and worked for his town's maintenance department before going to junior college. 


A look at some unlikely MVPs in the Fall Classic: Edgar Rentaria, 2010: Batted .412 with two homers, six RBI for the Giants.


Hideki Matsui, 2009: Yankees don't beat the Phillies without Matsui's red-hot bat (.615, three homers).


Scott Brosius, 1998: What a gamer. Every championship team has a Brosius somewhere. Batted .417 with two homers, six RBI.


Pat Borders, 1992: Everyone thinks of Joe Carter in 1993, but Borders was the man in '92 by hitting .450 with a homer.


Bucky Dent, 1978: "Yaz looking up ... That ball is gone." Oh, wait, that wasn't the Fall Classic. Dent's homer in the one-game playoff at Fenway Park remains etched in our minds, but he also batted .417 with six RBI in the Fall Classic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space
. Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.

Reading this information So i am glad to convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling
I discovered exactly what I needed. I most indisputably
will make sure to do not forget this web site and provides it a look on a constant basis.



my site :: apprendre bourse

Anonymous said...

Hi there, of course this paragraph is in fact good
and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
thanks.

My homepage ... Las Vegas Dryer Repair