Thursday, October 27, 2011

World Series MVP awards

Derek Jeter, Reggie Jackson and Mariano Rivera, three iconic Yankees, have each won a World Series MVP, but we love it when somebody like David Freese comes along and wins the prestigious award. I mean, he quit baseball and worked for his town's maintenance department before going to junior college. 


A look at some unlikely MVPs in the Fall Classic: Edgar Rentaria, 2010: Batted .412 with two homers, six RBI for the Giants.


Hideki Matsui, 2009: Yankees don't beat the Phillies without Matsui's red-hot bat (.615, three homers).


Scott Brosius, 1998: What a gamer. Every championship team has a Brosius somewhere. Batted .417 with two homers, six RBI.


Pat Borders, 1992: Everyone thinks of Joe Carter in 1993, but Borders was the man in '92 by hitting .450 with a homer.


Bucky Dent, 1978: "Yaz looking up ... That ball is gone." Oh, wait, that wasn't the Fall Classic. Dent's homer in the one-game playoff at Fenway Park remains etched in our minds, but he also batted .417 with six RBI in the Fall Classic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space
. Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.

Reading this information So i am glad to convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling
I discovered exactly what I needed. I most indisputably
will make sure to do not forget this web site and provides it a look on a constant basis.



my site :: apprendre bourse

Anonymous said...

Hi there, of course this paragraph is in fact good
and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
thanks.

My homepage ... Las Vegas Dryer Repair

Anonymous said...

You can certainly see your expertise in the article you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you
who are not afraid to say how they believe.
Always follow your heart.

My blog aquarium decorations

Anonymous said...

Sponsoring community events draws more press
than advertising can pay for, even as it creates positive
organizational associations for your community. That is far less than the liberation of human knowledge both by incorporating
all of it. If you look at lists of the biggest Twitter
gaffes ever, we're always one through five. They made a courageous call.


Here is my web blog crisis management firms chicago